Thursday, May 3, 2018

Week 5 - Moving Forward With a Concept

In researching best practices in interdisciplinary learning, I have decided that building this IDU around a concept, in addition to the theme of the Bay of Fundy, will help give more structure to the project. Rebecca and I did some brainstorming, and narrowed it down to two possible concepts : Relationships and Change.

Our next step was to think about what curriculum outcomes and/or units could logically fit into those concepts.



As we were thinking of ideas, we kept coming back to the idea of Relationships. Change was a strong contender, but we think there might be more substance in the concept of Relationships.

I am feeling slightly discouraged because I don't think I will be able to do this project on a large scale next year (see my last blog post for the reasoning behind this thought). I plan to develop something for implementation in my own classroom. Doing this sort of pilot project could lead to more involvement from others in the future, and it is the type of education that I feel strongly about.

My next steps will be to plan the final goal of the project, and then to look at specific lessons and activities that could lead toward that goal. I will need to look at specific curriculum outcomes from all of the subjects I teach, and decide which ones align most closely with both the concept of Relationships and the overall theme of the Bay of Fundy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 5 - Moving Forward With a Concept

In researching best practices in interdisciplinary learning, I have decided that building this IDU around a concept, in addition to the them...